Extreme Networks: EXTREMEXOS Switching and Routing
Students will learn methods to properly configure, deploy, manage and troubleshoot their Extreme Networks switching and routing environments using the Extreme Networks operating systems ExtremeXOS CLI. This knowledge will be reinforced through actual hands-on experience with networking equipment in a lab environment, where students will perform real world tasks.
ExtremeXOS Switching and Routing is targeted for users that have an understanding of networking fundamentals and now require an introduction of operating (configuring, managing and troubleshooting) their Extreme Networks family of LAN switches.
Ideal candidates for the course are Network Administrators or Systems Integration Specialist who are tasked with the responsibility of supporting your Extreme Networks LAN domain.
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to complete the following actions:
- understand Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS) and configure advanced EAPS features in a multi-ring environment,
- understand and configure G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) in a single-ring environment,
- describe Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) and configure ERPS with CFM, configure Multi-Switch Link Aggregation (MLAG),
- understand and configure Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP),
- describe Access Control List (ACL) operation and configuration,
- configure and implement CLEAR-Flow,
- understand and configure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) with Identity Management,
- understand and configure OSPF in a multi-area environment,
- describe IP multicast operation and configure IGMP and IGMP Snooping,
- understand and configure Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) in both Dense and Sparse modes
This course is designed for individuals responsible for the configuration, management, maintenance, and support of the Extreme Networks family of LAN switches.
Students should possess a solid grasp of LAN concepts, including advanced Ethernet and TCP/IP skills. Attendance of the ExtremeXOS Fundamentals course is recommended.
The training and documentation will be in english.
- EAPS Review including configuring the EAPS protocol in a single domain configuration.
- Advanced EAPS, EAPS rings with multiple domains, understanding EAPS domain priority, and configuring EAPS shared port.
- G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS), ERPS operation and configuration elements, and configuring and verifying ERPS.
- Connectivity Fault Management (CFM), CFM operation and configuration elements, and configuring and verifying CFM as part of an ERPS configuration.
- Multi-Switch Link Aggregation (MLAG), including MLAG operation and components, steady state and failure state operation, and configuring and verifying MLAG.
- Configuring VRRP, including setting up Single and Multiple Virtual Router IDs.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs), using policies, editing policy files and ACL rule evaluation process, ACL matching conditions, syntax, and troubleshooting, and Configuring static ACLs and dynamic ACLs.
- Configuring CLEAR-Flow.
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Configuring and verifying Identity Management, Configuring RBAC roles, ACLs and LDAP servers.
- Configuring IP Routing and OSPF, including Single area configuration.
- Advanced OSPF, Configuring OSPF using multiple areas, Configuring OPSF route summarization, Configuring IP route sharing (Equal Cost Multipath (ECMP)).
- IP Multicast and IGMP, including IGMP and IGMP snooping operation and configuration.
- Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), PIM Dense and Sparse mode operation and configuration
Deltagerne må ta egen PC til bruk under kurset
Kurset avsluttes med eksamen. Etter bestått eksamen får du sertifiseringen: Extreme Certified Specialist (ECS).
Testen er online og består av 40 spørsmål som må besvares i løpet av en time.
dag 1: kl. 09:00 - 17:00
dag 2: kl. 08:30 - 17:00
dag 3: kl. 08:30 - 17:00
dag 4: kl. 08:30 - 13:00
For dette kurset gjelder følgende avbestillingsregler:
Bindene påmelding 4 uker før kursstart. Ved avbestilling etter denne dato vil kursavgiften bli belastet i sin helhet.
Du kan overdra din kursplass til en annen i din bedrift hvis du er forhindret i å delta.
De ovennevnte avbestillingsregler gjelder uansett årsak til avbestillingen.
- Palo Alto Networks
- TRAPS: Cloud Service Operations (EDU-290)
- Firewall: Optimizing FireWall Threat Prevention (EDU-214)
- Firewall 9.0: Essentials: Configuration and Management (EDU-210)
- Panorama 9.0: Managing Firewalls at Scale (EDU-220)
- Firewall 9.0: Troubleshooting (EDU-330)
- Firewall 9.0: Optimizing Firewall Threat Prevention (EDU-214)