Extreme Networks: Extreme Wireless Training
Building and managing wireless networks utilizing the Extreme Networks wireless controller, access points and management capabilities.
Students will learn methods to properly configure and manage their Extreme Wireless WLAN environments using network management software (Extreme Management Center and the Wireless Assistant) applications.
This knowledge will be reinforced through actual hands-on experience with wireless equipment in a lab environment, where students will perform real world tasks configuring access points, security parameters, filtering and privacy settings, as well managing their wireless network.
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to successfully configure and manage their Wireless implementation as well as take the Extreme Wireless Specialist certification exam.
System Integrators and Network Administrators
Students should possess an understanding of network fundamentals, traffic classifications, and general network management concepts, as well as network security concepts and technologies.
The training and documentation will be in English
- Overview and discussions regarding the ExtremeWireless solution components and architecture.
- Configuration of the Wireless Controller, Access Points and Virtual Network Services.
- Configuration and implementation of security parameters including 802.1X, filtering (policies), captive portal and privacy settings.
- Introduction to WLAN management including configuration of quality of service (QoS) settings, class of service (CoS) and user management settings.
- Overview and discussions regarding high availability, wireless mobility domain (networking), as well as topics regarding troubleshooting tips and general maintenance of the wireless controller.
- Discussion regarding intrusion detection/prevention capabilities (Radar/Guardian) including threat and monitoring features, and spectrum analysis.
- Overview of client management capabilities using the Extreme Management Center, Wireless Reports and Wireless Logs.
Deltagerne må ta med egen PC til bruk under kurset