TRAPS 4.0: Install, Configure and Manage (EDU-281)
Palo Alto Networks® Traps™ Advanced Endpoint Protection prevents sophisticated vulnerability exploits and unknown malware-driven attacks. Successful completion of this two-day, instructor-led course equips the student to install Traps in basic configurations.
Training from a Palo Alto Networks Authorized Training Center delivers the knowledge and expertise to prepare you to protect our way of life in the digital age. Our trusted security certifications give you the Next-Generation Security Platform knowledge necessary to prevent successful cyberattacks and safely enable applications.
Students will learn how Traps protects against exploits and malware-driven attacks. In hands-on lab exercises, students will install and configure the Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) and Traps endpoint components; build rules; enable and disable process protections; and integrate Traps with Palo Alto Networks WildFire™, which provides prevention and detection of zero-day malware.
Security Engineers, System Administrators, and Technical Support Engineers.
Students must have Windows system administration skills and familiarity with enterprise security concepts.
Course level: Introductory
Course duration: 2 days
Course format: Combines instructor-facilitated lecture with hands-on labs.
Software version: Palo Alto Networks Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection 4.0.
Language: The instructor will speak Norwegian, the documentation is in English
Module 1: Traps Overview
- How sophisticated attacks work today
- The design approach of Traps
- Traps components
- Traps resources
Module 2: Installing Traps
- Planning the installation
- Installing ESM Server and Console
- Installing Windows agents
- Installing Mac agents
- Managing content updates
- Upgrading Traps
Module 3: Malicious Software Overview
- Basics of computer architecture
- Exploitation techniques and their prevention
- Malware techniques and their prevention
Module 4: Consoles Overview
- Introduction to ESM Console
- Introduction to the Traps Agent Console
Module 5: Traps Protection Against Exploits
- Architecture and EPMs
- Configuring exploit protection
Module 6: Traps Protection Against Malware
- Malware protection process flow and components
- Post-detection malware analysis
Module 7: Prevention Event Exceptions
- Prevention events
- Post-detection events
- EPM events
Module 8: Managing Traps
- System monitoring
- Traps license administration
- Agent license administration
- Server settings, users, and roles
Module 9: Traps Forensics
- Forensics workflow and policies
- Responding to prevention events
Module 10: Basic Traps Troubleshooting
- Working with Technical Support
- Troubleshooting installation, connectivity, and upgrades
Deltagerne må ta med egen bærbar PC til bruk under kurset